Monday, December 17, 2007

Done, in all but name.

From this point, I progress at a rate of 1 lecture/tutorial a day to Thursday, when I have all my lectures and a tutorial, to Friday, when I get on a plane very early in the morning.

This last week has been absolutely insane. From Monday, when I handed in an essay, took a test, and opened my show, through the run of my show Mon-Wed, the run of Tis Pity Thurs-Sat, the after-party for Tis Pity, pulling an all-nighter-with-brief-nap, the unofficial Christmas Party in the annexe complete with homemade eggnog (they don't have it here), cookies, and presents, to the cast party/dinner for the Aeroplane Lands cast last night. My semester has followed traditional story structure. It starts with the reluctant hero who must come to grips with a new situation and complete various tasks, getting harder and harder, until the hardest of all, the climax, ends in triumph and allows him to rest in the conclusion. Only not quite so melodramatic.

The grass outside is frozen crunchy and the cars are all white with frost. People are slowly starting to leave halls. By Thursday meals with be a skeleton service. People manage to be exhausted, cranky, and happy all at once. Chocolate and alcohol become the 2 main food groups. I am looking forward to being home.

3 comments:

tsonia said...

I'm glad your story has it's own arc. And even happier you're feeling triumphant. We'll be glad to see you home as well. I'll have a pot of chili on the stove and some fresh mommy bread for whenever you get home. I fully intend to feed you every chance I get, just to remind you there are more food groups than chocolate and alcohol!

Anonymous said...

Yo...
Very climatic, but also very predictable(!)... Congratulations on making it through the last week in 1 piece despite alcohol and chocolate being your saviors.

Anonymous said...

What kind of climax...???