Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Best way to motivate a blog post: try to write an essay

So much has been going on. From last Monday-Sunday I have been in performances for three shows, 'The Diary of Anne Frank', 'I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change', and 'The Tempest'. Busy, busy week. Also saw lots of people, wrote my review essay (the final draft is due next week), and I'm sure did loads of other really exciting stuff that I don't remember fully at the moment. This weekend was the launch party for the On The Rocks theatre festival, and I'm in Antigone (Greek tragedy) this Friday and have a cameo in Five Go Mad in Dorset (piss-take of the quintessential British War-era kid's story) on Saturday, as well as reading some stories for an audience tonight.

Am currently working on a history essay, topic: Compare and contrast Upton Sinclair's 'The Jungle' and Rachel Carson's 'Silent Spring' within the history of dangerous environments. Interesting stuff, lots of unexpected parallels around reactions to modernism and technology, framed within turn-of-the-century and 1960s thought.

In terms of summer plans, I heard back from Larry, who I met this last summer in China, and if everything works out it looks like I will be in Shanghai working for his company and possibly in Beijing doing green-tech stuff, both of which would be phenomenal...all in very preliminary stages right now, but sounding very cool.

I'll try to get more regular updates in that won't just be laundry-lists.

2 comments:

Trudy said...

I can't believe you're in more shows!! Hope stuff works out with Larry. Good luck, sweetie!

swallace said...

You forgot to mention, did you sleep at all last week?