Friday, June 29, 2007

So...

So I've posted a lot of links to things I've been looking at and doing recently, but really haven't said anything about what I've been thinking lately.

It's the end of the first week of summer break and already it feels as though it's been going on for months. Doing something everyday with other people in an unstructured, chosen environment makes each day seem like a week, although not in a bad way. However, I do feel the need for some change, because as much as I enjoy simply spending as much time as possible with friends who I won't see for a while agian, I do feel myself falling into a routine with a distinct lack of purpose. Writing helps, shopping/reaserching for college helps, but in the end each day feels full but not fulfilling.

Next week is the 4th of July so that should be the pinnacle of social interaction with people coming in from out of town et cetera, but (at least) after next week I want to start realizing the "activity" I gave myself this summer: traveling. I'm mainly thinking of baby steps right now, to build up to lengthier travel later on. I'd absolutely like to visit San Fransisco, and Mette (a family friend) suggested Santa Fe, which sounds like a cool place to visit. My thought at this point is to spend a few days in a place, staying in a hostel overnight.

But for today, I'm still sitting at home. More restless than bored.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am loving your blogs. Changing your underware might help motivate a few things! That was bad, I know. did you expect anything less?