Saturday, July 28, 2007

A new era!

My desktop is officialy dead and I am now making my first entry via laptop. It is changing my habits of what I do on the computer in interesting ways--since its new, lots more figuring stuff out, playing with new functions, trying to recover all of my links and et cetera from memory alone.

Other than that I finished the book "The Man Who Was Thursday", a great Dickens-y detective novel (100 pages, almost a short story) that has a lot of surrealism and philosophy and continues hilariously and pretty stongly until the disappointing ending. Now I'm moving back to "The Illiad", which I'd started and have been reading through this year, with large gaps. I've decided I want to finish the damned thing, so hopefuly making that a priority will get me through it. I'm really enjoying it, but its language, cultural oddities and sheer girth make it daunting, though all the more interesting.

Thats all for now. Today was a boring home-day, and I actually had to pick up the phone for some peer-contact. Very un-Brian.

No comments: