Sunday, April 06, 2008

Update

Final night in Madrid tonight, hopefully going to go watch a bullfight (not sure how I´ll feel about that which makes me all the more eager to go). Tomorrow heading over to Toledo for a day and night, then a day in Caceres, and then 3 days in Lisbon and then home! Whew. Ashley left today, and we had a great Tapas meal last night. I think I´ve officially decided to eat only at good local places from now on--cheap and amazing. Had an octopus sandwich and a shrimp-and-white-strips-of-something sandwhich for lunch. Mmmmm. Spent all morning wandering around a flea-market that´s on every Sunday. All flea markets are the same, but it felt more authentic and much less touristy than other stuff we´ve been up to (aka yesterday visited the Palacio Real). In an odd mood.

3 comments:

swallace said...

Sounds like you're into the swing of it now. Wandering among the locals is a good way to pick up some culture. Try going into a crowded coffee shop or bar and ask sit at the counter or ask to share a table. Gives you a good chance to chat with locals.

tsonia said...

Glad to hear from you, Brian. Knew you were still having fun from your ATM withdrawls! Sounds like you're having some interesting food. I remember a LOT of ham from when I was in Spain. Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Tênis e Sapato, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tenis-e-sapato.blogspot.com. A hug.