Sunday, February 01, 2009

I swear the blog isn't defunct!

I've just been exhausted. Haven't done anything non-drama for the last week--6 hour rehearsals per day for Psychosis (which stretches out to 7 or 8 hours counting the time Harry and I spend planning the next day and talking about the structure of the show), so that's a full-time job, and then on top of it meeting every other day or so with Clare for 2-3 hours to work on Hecuba (from here on referred to as the_trojan_queen, since no one will know 'Hecuba'). It's a really good time, actually, very productive and artistic, though I am not reading nearly as much as I would like, damn internet.

Not too much else to report. Psychosis is going quite well, we're already over 1/2 blocked and have a bit more than a week left before we go up (which normally sounds terrifying but the rehearsal time for this is only 2 weeks and a bit). It's a really interesting project, lots of new stuff for me: working with a co-director, short rehearsal time, a play-length poem with no parts divided or stage directions, a complete faithfulness to the text. I feel a lot less ownership and authorship than I'm used to, more like a manager than an artist, but that's not bad, and partly just means that the cast have come up with quite a bit of the show themselves--though that's always the case. I am excited about the idea of challenging myself in theatre. It merges intellectual, social, emotional, and physical stimulation in a way that I don't know anything else does.

Because it's break things are really slow around here, thought they should be picking up as people start coming back. I know if it wasn't for Psychosis I'd have gone insane with boredom a while ago.

6 comments:

tsonia said...

Good to hear you're keeping busy, Bri. I was worried that I hadn't heard more, but it was low-level, mother-type worry. But how can you say folks won't know about Hecuba???!!! I obviously neglected some duties in raising you!

swallace said...

Hecuba who? In any case, sounds like the production schedule for Psychosis is designed to lead at least a few of those involved into a mental state where they don't have to act.

Anonymous said...

good evening everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching as far as something that meticulous model. The prices as regards the boots were approximately 340 pounds everwhere. But definitively I bring about this site selling them for half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good day people. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking for that exact brand. The prices for the sneakers were about 200 dollars on every site. But for all I bring about this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good morning ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging for that meticulous model. The prices for the sneakers are around 240 dollars everwhere. But completely I base this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good evening fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking for that exact brand. The prices for the boots are about 330 pounds on every page. But for all I base this site selling them for half price. I in reality want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy those. what can you say about it?