Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Results back

Nothing much to report (or interest in doing so, these weeks--when the semester starts I'll actually have a lot more free time and interact with a lot less people [funny thing that], and so blog more). Did, however, get my exam results back. Both 15s, which is dead in the middle of the 2:1 range, as I expected. Without bombing or miraculous acing that's where my coursework put me. It's a funny relationship to work I have at the moment. For quite a while there in High School there was college looming overhead (and parents!), and first year quite a drive to prove myself. However, this year, exploring other areas and with the knowledge that my work only starts counting toward my degree -next- year (and of course lack of parental hovering!), I find that my relationship has changed. It's still stuff that I really enjoy doing, that I'll do extra reading for and try to make connections with through everything, but while the material is more enjoyable than last year, I feel completely relaxed (not necessarily in a good way) about assessment. I know I need to start kicking into gear, as the years of course scale up in difficulty nice and quickly.

As for next semester, still not sure if I want to take the English drama class or the Divinity world religions, though I'm leaning toward religions, if only to have some non-theatre life.

3 comments:

tsonia said...

Good to know parents "were" good for something! Love you, Bri.

swallace said...

So, is this a plea for long distance nagging (staring next year)?

Artdroid said...

Excuses! Excuses! (Why wait till next year? The nagging starts NOW!)