Monday, March 08, 2010

It ended up being a productive night...

Started to feel really overwhelmed today, as the reality that I didn't know my lines for Caesar (for which I was meant to be offbook tonight), that I didn't know what I was going to say for my essay (which is due Friday) and that I wouldn't have time to figure it out bit me like a freight train. Woke up late and so missed out on reading, but spent the afternoon after lectures in incredibly tightly-scheduled reading, life tasks (buying food, activating my ATM card, eating) and a meeting about my devised show, about which I am increasingly excited (and for which I really need to come up with a name...). Had a bit of an epiphany that, if I decide very specific timescales for tasks, I will do them and have time left. Proceeded to waste most of the evening before rehearsals. Before, let's make it clear, five hours of rehearsals. Nonstop. Two for Caesar, three learning music for I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change (my musical-of-the-semester). I will have my lines for Caesar by tomorrow. I will have my lines for Caesar by tomorrow. Went home, ate loads of soup, and decided that I'd rather pull an all-nighter tonight to write this essay than on Thursday when it's due in less than 24 hours. Stopped at 3am with 1000 words written, which, out of 2500, isn't bad at all, especially since I've got all my research now and know just where I'm going. It's ending up kinda fun: a history essay about philosophy, allowing me to go on tangents and speculate about influences while remaining close to a context and framework I'm comfortable with and at the same time allowing me to stay on the surface of the arguments to compare them, rather than deconstructing them and trying to figure out their logical sequence (which, let's face it, is impossible for Thoreau).

2 comments:

swallace said...

No more complaints about a lack of challenge, eh? Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.