Monday, March 16, 2009

Aaaaaand I'm feeling a bit ill

200th post!

Aside from that, life is going well. Hecuba rehearsals awesome with the addition of the chorus, though Cheolseung has dropped out (directing a show going up on the exact same day in Korea, unfortunately, with no options to move the time), but we're getting a friend of Clare's at UCLA to do it, which should be cool and allow for great mind-fuckery as they'll start on separate screens and eventually he'll invade hers to have a real dialogue.

Academics? Handed a Philosophy essay in last week, which turned out not bad after I decided it was going to be crap and taught me a valuable lesson--simplify! Going in with no agenda, I was able to really just focus on the question without exploring any of my side tangents and wrote a decently compact essay. I have one on Islam in this Friday, where I'll try to convince the Divinity department that Islam isn't really evil and they should give its beliefs a chance rather than just being like, "and they like submitting and think God is wrathful and it's basically just Christianity but with more rules and we don't like all those rules, now do we?" And then the next week the fabulous social audit that I have yet to start and should REALLY get a move on.

Cleaned up the house for an inspection tomorrow. Discovered floor.
Claimed floor in the name of the queen.

Had an art piece (all the post-it notes I doodled on last year stuck together in a sort of brain-like mass hung from a shoe string) at a student art exhibit, which was cool. Been reading about Hume, who makes me want Kant, and Islam, and having very boring but important lectures in Sustainable Development about accounting and law. Pffffft. Girlfriend still going strong, to our mutual surprise. She encourages rule-breaking, which is good; snuck on a bus for an Art History field trip to Edinburgh on Saturday and pissed about the city for the day for free. Scotland-Ireland rubgy was on that day, but every single person I saw was supporting Ireland. Says something about Scottish rugby. Or about Edinburgh really being Scotland.

Starting to think about the Easter holidays, and what I want to do. I've got a week and a half before I have to be back. What do I want to do? Is the dollar strong anywhere in the world?

1 comment:

swallace said...

Too bad about CK. That would have been the height of cool to be in 3 continents. For those of us across the pond, it's not clear how we can watch... can we? Went to an AVPA art show this evening and several parents we knew said they wanted info about how to watch, too.

So, do any Scots know you have claimed a few square feet of St. Andrews for the Queen's dominion? Probably not a problem, tho, since in 2 days it will be safely hidden again.