Tuesday, March 31, 2009

quiet days

Really haven't been up to much at all. Waking up late, staying up late-ish. Re-watched Kill Bill 1 and a few episodes of Firefly. Read Clockwork, a good (and very, very short) book by Philip Pullman, reading Murakami's Wind-up Bird Chronicles (still...it is very long), started Seven Pillars of Wisdom (by the Lawrence of Lawrence of Arabia), and am trying to make sense of Kant. Uh oh. Ate at a cool thai/japanese place that's not too expensive (by UK standards), and have been drawing a lot, seeing how I can integrate a comic-book/graphic novel style with my surrealist doodles.

Mostly just resting, but without much satisfaction.

2 comments:

Trudy said...

No one commenting. What is this? Well, I'm reading Mary Robison's Why did I ever... Lisa sent it to me for xmas. It's really, really good. Fragmented. Strange. Good.

Hope you're not too bored, my friend. Go out and DO something!

Love you, mom

Anonymous said...

I'm struck by your cosmopolitan day/night. Kill Bill, Murakami, Seven Pillars of Wisdom, Kant, & a Thai-Japanese restaurant (a combination found only in Scotland!).
All of this is what a liberal education is supposed to be. Keep exploring!1! Grandpa Paul (GP)