Thursday, January 10, 2008

In St. Andrews again

Trouble with traveling while a little sick is that at the end you are....still a little sick. Slept badly last night.

But where did I sleep well? That's right. The airplane. And where did I eat well? Oh. The airplane. Four course meal. Cannot get over that. Little shrimpy appetizer, full salad, main course, ice cream sunday-personalized. One after another. And wine, and, with desert, Amaretto. Read for a bit, got tired and...pressed the button on the chair that said "bed." The whole thing rolls forward and flattens out, pull up the big snugly blanket, wake probably four or five hours later after uninterrupted sleep for breakfast. William--wow. And then in Heathrow, picked up my bags and got on the London-Edinburgh flight with no problems whatsoever. They were about to close sales for the flight so they just went ahead and issued me a seat, so I didn't even have to wait to get on. All in all, probably the absolute best flying experience I've had.

The bus was a bit iffier. They've been having gale force winds and rain, and the bridges to St. Andrews from Ediburgh have been patchy, so I was re-routed through a couple bus stations and it took around 5 hours from getting off the flight to get to the town. Even so, not a complete waste--met and waited with a couple other students also just getting in (a girl from Germany and one from Switzerland). Ate chocolate. Got in. Went to bed. Slept badly.

Now I'm up putsing on the internet after breakfast, probably going in for some hardcore studying/napping this afternoon.

2 comments:

swallace said...

Glad to hear first class is all it's cracked up to be. Good luck with finals.

Anonymous said...

Damn. Can I find me a William?... Glad you had a great experience in the air, and made it safely back to the ground.