Saturday, May 24, 2008

Done

with my first academic year at St Andrews. Yesterday I was feeling the negative aspects of the end, today I am feeling excited for a free week and then coming home to the summertime.

Sustainable Development on Thursday went really well-I studied the right things and felt really prepared on my essays and like I didn't bullshit at all, which resulted in finishing 10 minutes early, despite only having 30 minutes per essay (4 essays). Nevertheless, lots of facts and statistics thrown about from good revision, and I felt good about it.

Psychology yesterday is a pain in the ass because the psychology department is either really good or really bad at making multiple choice questions, meaning that half the time you feel that there are 2 possible right answers, even if you're very comfortable with the topic, and have to pick one arbitrarily. This one will be the most luck-of-the-draw, but I felt alright about it.

Philosophy today reminded me of the feeling of taking a maths test...somewhat good, somewhat bad. The easy problems where you know the answer automatically. The really difficult, never-before-seen ones where you try to force your knowledge onto a question you've never seen and make it fit. It left me feeling tired but good.

And now? Is 11.30 AM to early to start drinking?

We'll see what this next week holds.

4 comments:

swallace said...

Yea, you made it! Now time to relax.

tsonia said...

Congrats, sweetie. Can't wait to see you.

Lisa said...

Yeah. P.S.- It's always 5PM somewhere (to start drinking)!

Anonymous said...

yo! boongoggle guy here hit his head on the wing of aircraft and cannot remember login password...check your LHR to LAX traffic. do you need my united mileage plus miles to bring your new friend to CA? let me know. I got 75k racked up...
see you soon!