Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Two weeks till home

Or thereabouts. Depends on the post-exam revelries.

Revision week is quiet, but actually kinda nice. In the last weeks everyone is on best behavior again, so interactions are by and large really pleasant. Sunny, so lots of laying around on the grass 'studying'. And sleeping. My first exam is a week away this Thursday, so I'm quite calm and reading through a couple textbooks (bleh) before moving on to notes. Lots of productive reading.

Excited about Costa Rica this summer, though timetables are a question mark at the moment. My mission right now is to find some sort of research or meaningful project to do while I'm there...might see if I can scrounge up a sloth expert or just animal behavior person somewhere and see if there's anything I can do in a couple months with 90-some sloths.

Really looking forward to coming home. And to coming back-which is good. I wasn't as sure at various points. St Andrews isn't ideal, but its interesting enough to be home, at least for a bit.

2 comments:

tsonia said...

I'm glad you're excited both about coming home and about Costa Rica, Brian. This Buttercup summer has been such a dream for you for such a long time. It's cool that it's finally happening.

Meanwhile, I know your dad and I are looking forward to seeing you and having you make us laugh. And me? I just want the biggest hug ever!

swallace said...

You're lucky to have a reading week. On the UCLA quarter system finals start right after the lass class. Kind of crazy! Sounds like you'll be well-rested for exams ;-) That is actually an important state to be in!

Looking forward to seeing you soon.