Friday, May 02, 2008

Show opening and the May Dip

In the reverse order!

Wednesday, night before dress rehearsal, stayed up until 7AM and jumped into the North Sea at dawn. Twice. St Andrews tradition...amazingly fun.

Then, today, show opened! Went incredibly well, an audience was just what we needed (funnily enough). It was pithy and short and light and frothy and happy, turned some heads for the Comedia stuff, and raised what feels like a decently hefty sum of change for Doctors Without Borders. My cast are awesome, they've gotten quite adaptable. I may make them do the entire show in five minutes tomorrow as a warmup.

Robbie is also extremely tolerant and an amazing roomate. Have a guy from Australia couchsurfing on our floor (aka sleeping on a mattress on our floor) at the moment, and a guy from the Philippines I met in Spain coming in within the next couple months. It's all very hippy-ish, in a good way...though I'm not how much "me" it is. There is always having people there, and there is having someone there truly, deeply. I think, this semester, I've got the first one nailed. It's a start.

2 comments:

swallace said...

Hurrah on the opening night, and from your IM with Mom about your sold out run! Great ending to what started as a frustrating audition process, as I recall. Also a perfect end to your first year at StA. Things seem to be breaking your way, so ride the wave ~~~~

Lisa said...

Yeah, like your dad said, RIDE THE WAVE!