Friday, May 16, 2008

Empty days

Of revision and games and sitting in the sun with people. Nice, somehow haunting. Most people have exams coming up very soon, but my first is next Thursday, so I'm doing that horrid waiting around while other people stress and act and have their stress relieved. I almost miss the AP booklets...our exams are so similar, but there is no single source that you know you can go to that will have all of the information you may need. And now I'm stalling from learning about the wonders of erosion and how its killing us all with CO2.

Interesting info:
1/3 of CO2 buildup is from organic matter decaying in the soil because of erosion/ploughing/increased rains/etc.
and:
The US spends $300 billion on agricultural subsidies. That's 6 times the entire world's aid budget.

Wee!

1 comment:

swallace said...

And a read a book review today that said that fish were carbon neutral, cows pretty bad, but pigs the worst in terms of carbon footprint. Not entirely sure why... I thought cows created methane during digestion that pigs don't. Curious! Read it on a plane from SF to LA that was busy spewing out CO2, so who am I to talk about footprints!