Thursday, May 08, 2008

Problem with infrequent posts...

...is that there is too much to catch up on in a single post. The show went really well--sold out on the last two nights. Tried to videotape it, but the camera crapped out after 5 minutes, so it looks like no record whatsoever of my first directing works. It's all good though, already bursting with ideas for next year.

Have my last two lectures today, then revision week and exams the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th. Then home! Yay.

Promised today would be a productive day, seeing as I spent all yesterday outside playing Risk. It is really warm and clear now, and our room is boiling because the sun comes straight through the massive windows most of the day. Also, it is light until about 9PM.

Monday was a bank holiday, and with the ends of lectures I've gotten into a bit of a laid back party mood that I need to break out of to revise. It's hard with the warmth, the sun, the lack of structured time...

I've started writing just a tiny bit again. And planning for next semester in terms of theatre...oh dear. Three main ideas: First and foremost, a troop of street performers who do a show a week or so, each different, semi-improvised, in some sort of improv/comedia/butoh/who-knows-what style. I've sent an email to the St Andrews Council asking about street performance licensing. Second, Jekyll and Hyde the Musical. Because I want to. Third, some sort of dystopian play that I could adapt. I was thinking 1984 or Farenheit 451, but then I thought about the self medication, numbness, meaningless sex and lived-for-pleasure lives of Brave New World and thought, "there's got to be some sort of commentary on student life there!" so I'll probably be re-reading that this summer.

So that's me right now. Off to play Warcraft III. Should really be reading up on the science of climate change.

1 comment:

swallace said...

Sounds like the term is ending on a good note! I've always found that I need to find a study space where, when I am there, it "feels" like I should study. Libraries are always good for that (also fewer other distractions). Or some coffee shop corner.