Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Calm days

The unintended (nice) result of revision week (no lectures to study) is that it lets you go on long walks and catch up with people in way you can't during the busy year. And to get some closure from the year, I guess. Which is what I did yesterday.

Today, I went and watched the new StarTrek film. Not bad, though really nothing special. I like the new cast and will be interested to see where it goes from here, but the origin story itself felt obligatory and forced. Entertaining enough I suppose, though I prefer the onion article about it at http://www.theonion.com/content/video/trekkies_bash_new_star_trek_film?utm_source=a-section .

1 comment:

swallace said...

The Onion video clip is pretty funny. Video was different in the 1960's ... just see the move "2001: A Space Odyssey" which was oh so thrilling and futuristic when made, and now is a snooze when you watch it! Are we becoming ADD as a civilization?