Saturday, May 16, 2009

More grey days

Lots of people have their first exams today so tonight there's a barbecue and some pub-age, which will be a welcome change. Yesterday spent the whole day in my pajamas. Still reading Dharma Bums, and finding it wonderfully escapist. It really makes me want to go camping. Still revising at a rate of a few pages per day. Writing a little bit, but only a very little. Thinking about theatre for next year, but drawing an absolute blank. I was looking into Nightmare Before Christmas, but rights become too much of a hassle. They are putting on Rent next semester, which should be fun. I re-read my adaptation of 1984 this morning and thought more about devising pieces. I think the only problem with it is that I end up with a similar flavour or tone with the Cheolseung method of devising stuff, which is really good but not for everything. Might be fun to do a Sam Shepard play or something, see what I can do with the cowboy American image that Brits love. I don't know. I definitely need this summer to re-invigorate me.

And exams still seem ages away...

2 comments:

swallace said...

Lots of graduations here this weekend. Michele Obama gave her only commencement address at UC-Merced, the most notable thing that has happened there in its short 4 years.

Paul Wallace said...

Did you mention exams? Hmm, it seemed that your academic year ended and you had joined the Enterprise to look for new worlds! President Obama spoke at Notre Dame today challenging extremists in his very positive way. You can catch some of it on YouTube...Truly successful elections in India contrast sharply with all of its neighbors.