Friday, May 22, 2009

SD exam

Had my SD exam at 2 yesterday--it went well, I thought, though the questions were all very vague so my approach was basically just "get indignant and rant", which will hopefully be effective. One of the questions was about Easter Island, which was only mentioned in a single lecture, but made me very smug. I mentioned that it smelled like horse.

Read the first Neil Gaiman's "Sandman", another adult-ish comic book. The artistry of some of it takes me aback, and its an fun premise--the main character is essentially the god of dreams, with all sorts of other weird and quirky characters, including a jealous Lucifer, a deranged super-villain, and a perky, punk-goth Death.

Also returning to an idea I had yesterday, thinking about doing a children's story as my main drama project next year, trying to do stuff with costumes/puppets/set as much as possible. I've had a look at "Where The Wild Things Are", since it's badass, and really love the idea of doing that....the story as read is about six minutes and, of course, very simple, but with some good physical storytelling creating personalities for each monster I think I could stretch it to 40 minutes or so. Would also be a great town-gown show, with a kid and possibly an older person as a storyteller and, of course, students as the monsters (hah!). Could do a lot of cool stuff, though I'd want to get a few artists to work on extensive set bits and Lion King-style costumes. It's certainly an idea!

Finally, a link: http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/161682/detail/ . He is so flipping [boo bad pun] cool.

2 comments:

swallace said...

So, is the video clip showing how you propose to get in and out of cars from now on?!

tsonia said...

So what's with the new format???