Thursday, July 23, 2009

Colliding with Koreans

Is what I did at Cheolseung's workshop today. He gets some amazing physicality out of his actors, starting to work on Camus' "The Stranger". Its sad that I'm just starting to get comfortable with all of his actors and only have a few workshops to go, they are fantastic people. We all went out for Korean beer and wings after the workshop.

Today was a pretty relaxed day, caught up on Weeds, worked on my comic book (I'm on page 20! counting title pages, and only have one blank sheet left--oops! Well, finishing volume 2.), and went to a dog cafe! Yes, a dog cafe. Brilliant idea, perfect for an urban area with cramped living space. The cafe has probably 20 dogs of all sizes and breeds roaming around--under tables, on couches, ON tables. All friendly and well behaved, and you can buy them treats along with your coffee. Apparently there is also a cat cafe in Seoul.

Am moving to a new couchsurfer tomorrow, another English teacher but he's from Germany. My current host is going to Busan on the south coast next week to surf and has invited me along, which is an offer I'm thinking may be too good to refuse...we'll see! (and yes, this is the guy with the motorcycle).

1 comment:

swallace said...

It will be ironic if, after having lived in SoCal almost all of your life, your first experience surfing is in Korea!