Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Inwangsan Shamanist Shrine

Hah it feels like I went just so I'd be able to title a post that. Got a bit out of Seoul to one of the mountains and wandered around in nature seeing Buddhist/shamanist stuff (the difference seemed negligible to me--there was a temple at the base and if you'd've told me it was all Buddhist I'd have believed it). Lots of very cool stuff, mostly gigantic rocks carved into fantastic shapes just by wind and rain. Good to be out in nature after a while in the city. Went by myself and had good thinking/drawing times. Did the whole thing in flip flops, which unfortunately means my feet are now killing me. Ah well, live and learn. Workshop with Cheolseung again tonight, which should be fun.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I am sure grandma Robin can tell you the difference!!!

swallace said...

Looks like you can navigate fine without an interpreter, eh?