Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Too long

China blocks blogspot so it's only now, in Japan, that I've got access again. The last week-and-a-half has been great and eye opening and blah blah blah as traveling should be. I'll try to fill in the gaps and be thoughtful and stuff, but for now I think I'll open with some humor.

Outside Tokyo in the city of Kamakura we visited a Buddhist shrine with a giant (like 70-foot-tall) metal Buddha (new Transformers character?), and looking at the hands in the some (probably lotus) position I thought "Buddha throwing gang signs...why has this not been drawn before?" This is therefore my mission and I will try to upload Buddha throwing a Bloods sign soon. Just too ironic to miss. Meanwhile, a series of possible captions:

"Pretty fly for an enlightened guy"
"Buddhas in da hood"
"B-unit"

and, best for last:

"Buddhacris".

10 points to anyone who gets all of these.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I "get" them all...Not bad for an old anutie. Perhaps it helped that I was with a gang cop for years or that I work in the ER where all these crazy mothers end up whilst wearing the wrong colors or throwing their signs at the wrong person in the wrong hood.

And, as far as Buddah, why do you think he's a blood and not a crip? I guess bloods originate from the East side, so that is somewhat fitting...

Waiting for more posts, Bri.

Anonymous said...

Q:what did the buddhist say to the guy at the hot dog stand?
A: make me one with everything. . .