Sunday, September 23, 2007

St Andrews

Just a quick post to update you all: I've arrived in St Andrews and am all settled into the residence halls. My parents leave tommorow, and I'm about to catch a quick nap before going out to dinner with them. So, St Andrews. Quite spiffy. The history and beauty of the place that originally attracted me are just as impressive and even more so when I think that I'm living here. My roomates a good Scot, as are most people in my hall. Cool people, and there's a mutual curiosity that is probably quite healthy. Everything seems very "authentic," whatever that means. The culture of drinking is certainly not a myth (my roomates mom packed him off with a bottle of Smirnoff and a few six packs of cider), and everyone is quite eager to begin.

So, I'm off to my nap.

5 comments:

clare said...

your roommates a scot! im not sure who i envy more: you or him.

brian, your intellect seems to be perpetually orgasming in your new setting, judging by your previous post. i want to respond to it, but am too dazzled to do so directly, so im responding here. kindof pathetic, if you ask me...

and i've given it some thought and come to the conclusion that its your roomie im jealous of.

Unknown said...

This is amazing! Sorry I wasn't very coherent the other night-- it was very... erm... late? Hahah. And other things, I suppose, yes. At any rate, I would love to hear more about everything next time we happen to be online at the same time! It will happen!

Anonymous said...

Have you awoken from your nap? Curious about your first days...

Loving you...

Artdroid said...

".....everyone is quite eager to begin." What? School or drinking....?........:-)

Anonymous said...

Spiffy, eh? wonder what you will sound like in three months?