Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Tonight

Today is "Boozeday Tuesday" when pubs sell just about everything for £1, BUT I seem to be a bit feverish and am staying indoors, in bed, recovering. It makes me feel so damn smug. I've been sleeping, now I'm computering, then I'll sleep again. Lectures today continue to be good. The world continues to rotate. I auditioned for a show (Tis a Pity She's a Whore) and an a capella group today, and would have done two more tonight if I felt a bit better--but no matter, auditions go on all week. I figure I'm not going to commit to any more than 1 show and 1 group, at least at this point in the semester until I figure out how many hours a day I need to be working outside of classes. I read Murakami's "Slow Boat to China" and, while the story itself did not astound me, it touched me. Also another chapter of Kerouac's "On the Road," which I have been away from for too long. I think I may go read some more of it now actually...

I read my Spotlight, Mom. I read your letter, Cheolseung. Thank you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do you know the world continues to rotate?

tsonia said...

I, for one, am so pleased you're keeping this blog up, Brian. It's good to have the litte connection we get through IM and really good to get your take on what's happening with the blog. I agree with William -- stay away from those God types. And I'm glad you're reading again. It's aways a good way to spend time.

Brian said...

If the world stopped rotating I would fly out into space. Wait--

Artdroid said...

Hi Brian - If you like Kerouac, I want to suggest to you an excellent biography of Kerouac and the whole Beat generation, It's called, Kerouac: A Biography by Ann Charters published in 1973. I like it because it sets Kerouac in the context of the lives of his literary friends and fellow Beat authors who critiqued and inspired each other's work.

swallace said...

Wait a minute... don't large rocky masses have some gravity independent of their spin? Can you draw me the vector forces to show how much less gravity would exist without a spin???

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling less feverish...

Lisa

Anonymous said...

brydawg, really. recall gravity is proportional to mass and mass ONLY. most people do not stop to think that the orbit of the moon is eternal free fall, or acceleration, i.e. change in velocity. for most people, change in velocity means change in speed, but as you know well, change in direction is also change in velocity. so delta delta speed, or delta delta direction, is A. aka acceleration in F=MA. in an inertial frame of reference, A is always "felt" as a constant force, the opposition of which you feel as gravity. so you see, being stuck to this piece of rock has nothing to do with whether or not we are spinning... unless, you mean to say that your head is spinning and is feeling ungrounded, which is a wholly different philosophical take on feverishness...

Anonymous said...

speaking of rocks, check out the animae by DASRAD on U tube search.