Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Another (more and more) infrequent update

Sorry I've been neglecting the blog.

So. Rasin weekend. Finished all my homework Saturday. Had rehearsal Sunday morning, when we ran the whole show. It's going well. Then went to parties for the rest of the day, which involved drinking (of course), and various games/conversations/silliness. Bobbing for prizes in custard/flour/juice. A mock TV show. Trivial persuit.

The next day, got dressed up as a 300 Spartan for the foam fight in the quad. It was an almost festival atmosphere, with other students and most of the town turning up to watch. And, yes, it was cold. Freezing cold to be wearing not very much clothing. I got back and took a cold shower which felt very hot. Then at 2PM had my philosophy tutorial (can we really know anything exists? what do our senses tell us?) for which I was at least mostly conscious. Then at 4 turned in my psychology lab report and took the test, which I felt went pretty well. Multiple choice. Ahhhhh. Spent the rest of the day off hanging with people and playing World of Warcraft in the kitchen (because the kitchen picks up wireless from next door, and the university internet connection has a firewall which prevents online gaming).

Tuesday I had lectures and then squandered the afternoon trying to read 20 pages. At 6, I went to the Courier Debates. I had no idea what they were, but I knew they were in Perth--that we got free transport and dinner. Sold. Turns out it was a schools debate (basically middle school kids), which was fine but a bit boring. Dinner was exceptional. When I come home, we are eating soooooo much.

1 comment:

swallace said...

Glad to hear the neighbors haven't figured out how to password protect their wireless! Is it also warmer in the kitchen???