Saturday, March 29, 2008

In Spain

trials.

The zed tickets never showed up, so I went ahead and used the frequent flyer.

Terminal 5 has just opened in Heathrow, with everyone completely unprepared, to the tune of absolute chaos. So my flight from Edinburgh was cancelled, the one I was put on next was delayed, and when I finally got there the trains and busses had stopped running. Via the kindness of a businessman who let me get in a cab to Terminal 4 with him and a lady who gave me a lift to the Hilton in exchange for borrowing her mobile, I crashed with Ashley at around 1 AM. Got up super-early to catch the 7.25 flight, but again the trains were so inconsistant that we were delayed 45 mins just waiting and by the time we got there it was after the 45 minute cut-off date to check in, so even though the flight hadn´t gone they made me wait for one at 4.25PM. In Barcelona airport, none of the ATMs would accept my card (neither will the ones I´ve got to yet near the hostel) so I got my 10 pounds changed and the guy who was helping me was amazingly sweet and handed me 5 euros for the bus and metro to the hostel. And now? Well, the hostel is pretty much full, but they´ll set up a bed in the loungue-but only from 2PM to 8AM.

So I haven´t been having a great time. But it´ll work out. And I´m here.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad you made it there in one piece. Fun must follow!

swallace said...

Just sent email with this info on how to find an ATM:

If the back of your card says "cirrus" go to www.mastercard.com/cardholderservices/atm/
If the back of your card says "visa" go to http://visa.via.infonow.net/locator/global/jsp/SearchPage.jsp

tsonia said...

Hope you have a great time, sweetie. We're obviously home now.... So call of there's need!

Artdroid said...

Good God!, Brian. What a travel nightmare. It can only get better!