Friday, March 07, 2008

Long time no see!

So:

Had my first rehearsal. Woohoo! Went really well, cast are pretty chipper and there's lots of them so I get to make half of them audience, have them play off each other, and the like fun stuff. Today just did a basic introduction to Comedia, had them do emotion-work, food(passing focus)-work, and talked a bit about the show, characters, my goals in terms of having the actors play instruments and speak French, and the like. I think I am being overly ambitious at the moment, but I think that is a good thing as it will make them overambitious too.

Put in my name for student government elections. Running for "Arts/Divinity Senate Rep", whatever the hell that is, because I wanted to and it was uncontested. Lo and behold. Now it is contested. Damn. Ah well, live a little learn a little (die a little). We'll see what happens.

Got a couple things due in next week: a bit of a psychology lab report (for which I have a general outline for what I'm going to do with the writeup and loads of analyzed data, so I think I'm good) due Monday, and Philosophy (3 pages analyzing arguments in 3 sentences) which I have a rough draft of in Friday, so I'm feeling confident enough about that.

I've got another rehearsal tomorrow (we're starting late so it's gonna be intense. Dammit directing, especially for comedia. Cheolseung-style you sit back and torture them, but for this I have to be shouting and enthusiastic for 2 hours, which is draining as all hell. But fun. I continue to read anti-organization book, have lectures about important resources like oil and...um...gravel in Sustainable Development, have a new nasally lecturer for memory and cognition in Psychology, a bit of boredom in Philosophy (everything dies with too many examples), and watched the movie "Independence Day". That's right, where aliens blow up the white house and only Will Smith can stop them. Classy.

2 comments:

swallace said...

Sounds like great fun all around. The scene I remember most clearly from Independence Day is when Will Smith opens up the alien craft after downing it... and says something smart assed (which, of course, escapes me). Also that they defeat the aliens with a computer virus. Not guns, chase scenes (tho that is involved in uploading the virus), but pure brains... and a dose of mischief.

As for SD, with the price of all natural resources hitting the roof, it is only a matter of time before gravel is the next speculative commodity ;-)

Lisa said...

Can you transfuse a bit of your ENERGY to me? Sounds like you are having great fun and keeping it "real"...