Saturday, November 29, 2008

And on the seventh day...

1984 is over, so over. Cast party was good, everyone got absolutely wasted. I've spent today completely resting, left the house exactly once, otherwise layed and lounged and watched the entire 4th season of Weeds, to my intense amusement. It really is a good show.

It's the detox I needed...time to step things up again, socially, academically, and planning for the future-wise. Socially, I have quite a few dinners and coffees I'd like to have with people from last year, as well as talking to people in the states more and perhaps organizing weekly or fortnightly parties/dinners at our house. Much as I hate entertaining, it's a great way to get people together. Academically, I've got my Wednesday essay and a fair bit of catch-up reading. I also want to figure out what the deal with Sustainable Development is to see what I can do as far as combining it with Philosophy for a degree. Looking further to the future, I want to start looking at options for this summer and maybe some abroad stuff next year. I have very vague designs on Asia that let me visit Cheolseung, see some of China, and live in China or Korea teaching english or ideally ideally ideally doing some sort of development work that I'd be able to get credit for. Very tentative goals. I've got a month to hopefully get a more solid idea.

And the whole not majoring in Theatre thing? Yeah, I'm Banquo in a production of Macbeth going up in 2 weeks, Saturninus in Titus in the second week of second semester, and I've been coerced into co-directing Sarah Cane's "4:48 Psychosis" for the first week of next semester. Thinking about the internet for a show next semester...I'll keep busy.

2 comments:

swallace said...

Entertaining is a great way to spend time with people, tho smaller groups actually leave time for conversation whereas larger groups make you run around "hosting" and have little time for serious conversation with anyone, at least in my experience.

Anonymous said...

hey you! AA flies to beijing and shanghai straight from LAX. and you know how much it costs you. wild horses cannot drag me back home, so if you go, you are on your own.