Tuesday, November 25, 2008

First show

Skipped Philosophy to print programs...Sustainable Development continues to make me wish I'd done biology, though I know all the species/ecosystems stuff is only 1/4 of the subject. First show went well, about 30 people. Sort of our peer presentation more than a real show--that's Thursday and Friday (where hopefully we'll sell out 200 tickets). Still, payed for all the costs of the show, its all $$ or rather ££ from now on in my production company. Odd feeling. Not sure what I would, or rather will, do with expendable money for theatre. The show itself went well, not perfectly, but it was good seeing an audience's reactions. As with anything like this, I feel there's a "what the fuck?" period before acceptance of the style, then really getting into the story and actions. Robbie and his girlfriend came over after and had good things to say, which was really nice. Actors felt good, I think. I really want to start a full-on movement toward experimental theatre. Alternative Mermaids, of some sort. Tomorrow should be a day of rest and finishing my SD presentation. But hopefully, I will mostly play The Witcher and sit on my ass.

Feel very much like writing again. I think I need to read more fiction. Even in my spare time, I've been reading non-fiction for fun. And knowing stuff is a lot of fun, but it doesn't give me impetus to create. Let's see what the library has...

4 comments:

swallace said...

Glad to hear opening went well. Bring home some video when you come!

swallace said...

Love the addition of the world clocks! Reminds me of a BBC miniseries we watched recently (called "Longitude") about a carpenter who become a clockmaker who became the first to build a clock that kept accurate time on ship (as determined by the reference clocks at the Greenwich observatory that we saw). The historical part was great; the conceit of tying it to the modern world was less effective.

tsonia said...

Congrats on your show, Bri. Good for you.

Theatremole said...

I'm glad it's gone well Brian. bring on the experimental theatre! Anytime you want to put on some Sam Becket (which is perhaps no longer experimental but is definitely not traditional) in my lovely little theatre then let me know.

Hopefully will come and see it tomorrow.