Saturday, November 22, 2008

So I guess I should post....

Stuff is hectic, always, as always, ah well. I'm feeling really good and on top of it, though, so that's cool. Had a really good 1984 rehearsal where we ran through it twice, am slightly terrified of Monday where we've got to put up lights, set, display stuff, and do our tech/dress. Will be fiiiiine. Also, got a presentation that Friday (due in Wednesday) which I think my partner is a lot more stressed about than I am. Put my slides together in 2 days and feel good about it: War and the Environment. Some interesting stuff, definitely in the scope of our SD program but not really talked about explicitly.

Watching Lawrence of Arabia again, now. It's funny how living in Britain and having visited the Middle East twice are changing my perspective on the movie...it makes it seem a little more Hollwood, as is probably only right.

Finished a book of Sarah Kane plays, as one of the guys here wants me to co-direct one of her plays with him next semester. Maybe choreograph is a better word than co-direct, as its poetry/physical theatre-y bits. She is a big emo. The play itself is about suicide. It's cool, though not something I'd want to do 24/7. Bit one dimensional. Still, might be fun.

Rasin Sunday is tomorrow, and Sammy (flatmate) has academic kids, so there should be slaughter going on there.

Just had a plate of pasta with butter--it's funny, its the most student meal, which I had all the time at home but haven't had once here until now. I am really just waiting until I get off the 1984 roller-coaster to pick up my life. I'm not sure how I feel, what I want to do. Want to look into abroad programs.

2 comments:

tsonia said...

The abroad stuff still really cracks me up... Have been thinking about you and your opening. I'm sure it will go well (am I allowed to say that, Macbeth?) and will be sending good thoughts your way.
Love you. Mom

swallace said...

Lawrence of Arabia was directed by a British director/producer and shot by a UK film company (tho the producer was an Eastern European refugee working in Hollywood). It would be interesting to hear (read?) your thoughts about what you think are the US vs UK perspectives embedded in the movie... and what about it would drive an Arab viewer nuts!