Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Hectic Wednesday

Last night had the first Macbeth rehearsal, a Gilbert and Sullivan rehearsal (don't know if I'll stick with it...big choir, not really sure what my role is), and the news that I'm Saturninus in Titus! Which is cool. Proceded to stay up most of the night, which was a bad idea because...

...9AM started giving tours of Regs--my job! 9-1, which is a good four hours at decent UK minimum wage. Not really hard work, basically what I did at Aviarios but shorter and they're paying me (yet to find a sloth though...sigh). It was cool cause it's a lot of people I know, so downtime ended up being decent banter.

Then 1PM lecture, an hour to go home and eat and get ready, and then rehearsal. 3-6: my first 3 hour rehearsal? Quite possibly. Started with warmup, a workshop thing, had the actors pair up and make scenes, read a chapter of 1984, learned an Irish drinking game/song (amazing. always have the irish in your shows.), and did another workshop with eye contact and had more devised scenes. I'm really pleased with my cast (though had yet another dropout, so I need one more person to get to the mandatory 13) AND stole a couple production people from Macbeth ("share" might be a nicer word), so I've finally got people out and inquiring. Big plans--talking to the union for a venue, artsoc for an exhibit, possibly live musicians, and all the political societies at least for mailing lists and possibly to help with exhibits...ahhh chuffed about everything that's going on. THEN straight to the gym, then Tescos, now out for a friend's birthday!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I guess you're feeling better, or at least acting as if! I am exhausted reading about your events!

Can you please explain more about your PAYING job- giving tours of what and to whom?

Love you.

swallace said...

Saturninus - should be fun! And it sounds like 1984 is turning into quite a production. Remind me, what are you studying again :-)