Monday, October 27, 2008

what. the. fuck.

I got a text from one of my actors asking if we could talk before rehearsal a couple hours before. Fine, I know what that means. Fine. What I was not prepared for was calling two other actors to ask why they weren't there and get a "didn't you get my e-mail?" reply. Fair enough, but this means they sent the e-mails after 2PM on the day. Both also quit.

So, my 12 person show is now 9 people. Fine. My issue is, they all quit just after I had handed out the first script. For a 12 person show. So now, instead of going on to blocking the script and getting really in-depth, which is what the leads at least need so as not to stagnate and plateau with their characters, we've got to go back to square one (okay, maybe two) of workshops. And I've got to write a play where I thought I'd be focusing entirely on an essay. I am not a happy goose.

3 comments:

tsonia said...

Too bad, Bri. Sorry to hear about it. And sorry people weren't more considerate in how they dumped your show.

Anonymous said...

now you got a chance to find where the depth can be found. visit me, brian.
it's cheolseung. damn it this blog couldn't accept me as me!

swallace said...

Were they involved in three other productions, behind in two courses, working, and planning an overseas trip? They could be screw ups, or simply overcomited (or most likely a mix of both among the three!). The reason for flaking doesn't make the outcome any easier, but could ease some of the resentment...