Friday, October 10, 2008

In brief

Robbie's back in Glasgow this weekend so I'll get my computer back! Watched "The Constant Gardener" yesterday and thought it was really good, gave me some direction for 1984 in an odd way. Have lost my first page of notes for Chinese...gotta try to find them by Monday. Really need to go shopping; also, to clean the kitchen and take the garbage out. First philosophy tutorial today, hopefully will go well. Independent reading wise, got through 120 pages of "Dangerous Misconceptions" about the eugenics movement and birth/population control before getting bored and returning it--now am reading "Not by Genes Alone" which is arguing cultural evolution vs biological evolution for human behaviour. Have found, via links on this blog (much to my embarassment, for the fact that I hadn't remembered them) a few of my old favorite blogs that will be handily bookmarked on my old computer, so I've been catching up on those. Bookforum especially has lots of interesting links, though all the economic blogs are overrun with "oooh pretty recession" comments. Got a topic approved for research/presentation in Sustainable Development: the effects of war on the envionment (natural and cultural). Should be cool!

3 comments:

tsonia said...

Glad you'll get your computer back, sweetie. It's been a while. Now I've lost count. Just how many productions are you involved in this fall? Hope all is well.

Artdroid said...

"oooh pretty recession" comments - That's actually pretty good, Brian. I'm impressed. I also like the effects of war on the environment idea.

And, Oh - stay in Scotland. Become a barrister if you must. The EU is going to be in better shape for the next 50 years in my humble, catastrophic opinion.

swallace said...

Ironic... Wall Street brings down the world economy and the dollar has a better exchange rate against the pound in a long time!