Thursday, October 02, 2008

Thursday night

Still no word on the computer--if I don't hear by the end of the weekend I'll worry and call.

Had one of the busiest days yet, and didn't attend a single lecture! Got up nice and early and did the philosophy reading and read sparknotes on it too since I couldn't go to that lecture. Tried to go to the 1PM SD to find out that was slotted as a tutorial and so doesn't happen until next week. So I went to the Mermaids meeting, which is supposed to be at the same time anyways. Set up a production meeting for tomorrow...I really need a producer, all the planning/tech stuff bores me. 3PM started auditions again (had around 10 more people audition) and stayed in the room for a Habitat for Humanity meeting. Yawn. Fund raising to go build houses in the third world for two weeks. Charity just amuses me. They raise 11000 pounds (a year of my tuition) and give it all to the airlines and a first world office. Ah well.

Went home, ate some of my "Brian's own bootleg rice pudding" (leftover brown rice with honey, milk, and rasins), then went to audition for another a capella group. They were really pretentious last year but really nice this one. Then headed over to Model UN to watch a bit of their conference and go for free wine afterward. It's cool since I know lots of the people--though it's all a ruse, really, the whole thing is run by Germans! Would be a cool thing to do. Time? Yeah, that. Afterward headed home and sent out my cast list. The turnout for 1984 was interesting--almost an even number of guys and girls auditioned! Felt almost wrong having a balanced cast list. Easily half of them American, almost all either first years or fourth year/postgrads. Wierd. Should be fun though, first meeting this Saturday. Finished off by making "Brian's own leftovers tacos" (chicken, mushrooms, spinach, and salsa in a tortilla). Bit bland, but good. Headed over to 'the others' house where we are watching Gangs of New York and I am multitasking as usual.

Feels good to be busy again, though I may have to do some serious academic-ing just to remember that I'm at university. Meeting lots of new people, getting involved in new things. Also starting to think about maybe doing a year abroad next year? I'll see what I can do.

4 comments:

tsonia said...

Sounds crazy to me! But I'm obviously no longer young! A year abroad? Where? The US? (Just joking.)

Lisa said...

A year abroad, where are you now?!?!?

Thanks for the more frequent blog posts- I like to keep tabs on you.

I was reading your last post about taking Chinese and all of these clubs and activities and things you are immersing yourself into. I thought, "Wow, he is so smart"...

Yes you are, but you are also very curious and that is an even greater thing!

swallace said...

Sounds like you are starting to develop a food repertoire, eh? Remember, hot salsa turns bland into interesting!

Anonymous said...

hey dude, where would you be without airlines?